Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Rock Lobster


I had tentative plans for the Memorial Day weekend, well I always have plans for every weekend, but I go with the flow and I'm always willing to change plans spur of the moment.  When the weather is below 90 degrees this late in May who wants to be inside when the weather is so nice outside.  So it was a very last minute decision to go to City North to hear Rock Lobster perform on Saturday night.  I actually pulled out a pair of jeans, long sleeve shirt, and brought along a jean jacket for the extremely cool night.  Didn't think I would see those clothes again until at least October or November.

We also went for a long hike in the morning because the weather was perfect, and then I came home and sat in my backyard and read a book all afternoon.  The weather was just too nice to be inside.

This was the first time we heard a concert at City North, and the first time we heard Rock Lobster perform.  The concert was outside Kona Grill and they had it set-up like a club.  Small round tables in front, and tall tables in the back for standing around.  The whole night had a cluby vibe...people were more dressed up.  There was food for purchase and of course drinks too.  The concert was from 7 - 10, and they had a DJ playing inbetween sets, so people could just keep on dancing.

Rock Lobster plays 80's Retro music.  I was 18 years old in 1980, and my hubby was 21.  We know a lot of the music from the early 80's, but many songs they played from the later 80's we had never heard before.  I asked hubby how come we are so unfamilar with songs from the late 80's.  He didn't even think about it for a second, and said, "We were busy."  lol