Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Van Gogh ALIVE...the Experience



The weather was still pretty perfect on Sunday and I spent the whole day outside.  We even got a last minute call from relatives to come over for a backyard Bar-B-Q since the weather was so nice.

We had plans on going to see Van Gogh ALIVE at the Arizona Science Center on Friday, but they had a fire on Thursday, and closed the exhibit.  We decided to go on Monday instead.  I have been wanting to see this exhibit since it opened  here in February, but decided to wait until all the tourists, snow birds, spring break, and Cactus league vistors left town.  Then I waited a bit longer for all the end of year school field trips to be over.  Glad I did...the exhibit wasn't very crowded, and you could truly enjoy the Van Gogh experience. 

I have already painted one of his famous Sunflower paintings on my own without any tutorial, and now I want to paint so many other of his paintings.  There are just too many to choose from.







After spending about an hour in the Van Gogh exhibit we went to see the IMAX film Coral Reef Adventure.