Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Joseph @ Desert Stages Theatre


Hey, I actually remember seeing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the Chicago Theatre around 1993. I saw this musical with Donny Osmond, not once, but twice. This production was one of the longest running musicals in Chicago, and we went to see it a second time since we loved it so much. Plus, Donny Osmond was the perfect Joseph.

On Saturday afternoon I went to see Desert Stages Children's Theatre production of Joseph, and hubby came with me for this one.  These kids are so dang talented...I'm always totally blown away with their Children's Theatre productions.  I was crying from the very first song...you would think that I had a kid in the show, and was beaming with pride.  Even hubby was extremely impressed with the amount of talent these kids possess.  When I told him it was a children's production, I know he didn't think it would be so professional.  I always save my programs from all performances, so if and when any of these kids makes it big some day, I can say I saw them when they were just starting out.