Monday, June 25, 2012

Housewarming Party Gifts



I had an exceptionally nice day on Sunday spending time with two extra-special young women in my life.  These lovely ladies are only in their early 20's, but they purchased this past Spring a townhouse, and my husband handled the real estate transaction for them.  They hosted a housewarming party and we were of course invited.  I had tons of creative fun coming up with housewarming gifts for them.  Since they moved from their parent's home into their first residence they didn't have a lot of  stuff.  I knew they both have been to Paris a fews times and love anything French, and they had already purchased an Eiffel Tower wine rack for their new home.  So I decided to go with all French themed housewarming gifts. 

It started in Europe giving certain gifts with a special meaning behind it in order to wish the new homeowners well.  For example: you give bread so the home never knows hunger. I updated my well wishes for the current times.  With each gift I attached a card saying what the gift is, and the wish or meaning behind it.  This was so much fun for me, because I enjoy the pleasure of giving, plus it was more fun trying to be somwhat creative rather than just giving them a gift certificate. 

The Gift of Bread - So you always lead a full life.

I put in this Parisian styled bowl cheese, spinach and almond croissants from A.J's., plus a Fleur-de-Lis butter spreader.





The Gift of Sugar - So your life will always have sweetness.

On this Parisian styled platter I put French pastries, éclairs, crème brulee, and Petite Fours from A.J's.




 
 
 
The Gift of Coffee - So your life is always stimulating.
 
French roast coffee, Parisian styled coffee mugs.
 
 
 
 
 
The Gift of Spice - So your life is always flavorful.
 
Eiffel Tower salt and pepper shakers.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Gift of Spirits - So you will always be of good cheer.
 
French beer, wine, Eiffel Tower bottle opener, French themed wine stopper, and coasters.





The Gift of Wood - So your life will always have stability.

A Parisian themed wood box.









A Gift of Candles - So you dwell in light and happiness.

Eiffel Tower tea light holder.









A Gift of Soap - So any troubles will be washed away.

French soaps with French Bistro kitchen towels.






A Gift of Paper - So you always take note of good times.

Boxes of note cards, and note paper.




A Gift of Coins - So you always have prosperity and good fortune.

Change purses with chocolate coins.


A Gift of Comedy - So your life will be filled with great big belly laughs.

Midnight in Paris DVD.








A Gift of Reusable Grocery Bags - So your cupboards are always full, and the landfills empty.

This one is my personal favorite.  :-)