Sunday, July 22, 2012

Scorpius Dance



On Friday, July 20th, my BIG 50th Birthday, hubby and I attended the Scorpius Dance Theatre Summer Showcase.  The theme of my birthday weekend was very upclose and personal.  This intimate showcase was presented in Scorpius' resident rehearsal space at Metro Arts Institute.  We sat front row and center for an amazing night of featured works by director, Lisa Starry, and the Scorpius dancers. 

I first became familar with this dance company when we attended The Herberger Festival of the Arts last October.  Hubby said he didn't quite remember them, but when they performed once again the dance called Girls Night Out...aka Butt Dance, he quickly said, "Oh yah, I remember this dance company now."  lol

Scorpius resident rehearsal space


When I first received the e-mail about their Summer Showcase I was definitely planning on going to one of the two nights they were performing...it just so happened it was my birthday.  So since I attended an amazing dance performance on July 20, 2012 I had a very special and entertaining day...and hubby had a good time too.