Friday, December 10, 2010

Artist Date, Week 13 ~ Christmas Angel Week



First off, I am not Christian.  I was raised Catholic, but I could have told you by age seven that I was not a Christian.  Christianity was never my personal truth.  Christ Consciousness is my more of my personal truth, but that is another complete topic. 

Since my family is still Catholic, I do the dog and pony show every year.  I endure the Holidays with as much grace as I can stand.  Some years I exemplify more grace than other years. 

It was actually James Van Praagh who helped me see the holidays a little differently.  In an email he sent out many, many years ago he said, "This is one of my favorite seasons of the year.  As it says in the Hebrew tradition, it is the Season of Light.  It is a time to remember all the loved ones in your life who have made an impression in your heart.  With light, we illuminate the darkness and have clearer idea of where we are going.

We are each made of light and it seems throughout the year as we go about our daily lives we get caught up in the trials and tribulations of succeeding and forget about our light.  We leave little, if any time, to reconnect with that light, and when we do, we often realize how dim it is due to taking on fears and expectations of others.

So, my wish for each one of you and every member of your soul family is for you to take a few minutes throughout this holiday season and, once again, celebrate your light.  May your light shine on everyone's path you share.  May it open up their hearts and take away fears, limitations, expectations and disease while it regenerates and rejuvenates their spirit. 

Remember, every light bulb needs to be changed every now and then!"

Greetings to you all of Peace, Love and Light.
James Van Praagh


That one email gave me a whole new perspective on Christmas, and a way to find a way to celebrate it without feeling like a phony and a fraud.  I found a new meaning for the Holidays, and a new way to celebrate. I now choose to celebrate my own light, as well as everyone else's light.

This past week was spent putting up my three Christmas trees.  I have one in my family room, one in my dining room, and even a little angel tree in my living room.  I have an angel theme that runs throughout my house. Plus, my house is filled with light from candles I have everywhere.  I try to be creative by changing  things up every year by rearranging all my Christmas decorations.  I also change up my table settings for my Christmas Eve dinner.  By celebrating my creativity, I also celebrate my light.  



I also went to Paradise Valley Mall this past week just for the Salvation Army's Christmas Tree Angel program.  I try every year to participate in this program where you buy clothes and toys for a specific child who would not have otherwise gifts to open during the holidays.  I cannot ever forget how Oprah Winfrey said  how nuns brought her a doll for Christmas when she had no other presents from her family that year. She said that gift of that one doll helped change her life.  The gifts I purchased this week need not be life changing, but I only hope they bring a little light to a small child and their family. 




In Heaven an angel is nobody in particular.
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW