Saturday, February 12, 2011

Artist Date, Week 22 ~ Bye Bye Birdie


I'm on a roll when it comes to seeing plays.  This week was no exception, and I went to see by myself Bye Bye Birdie at the Desert Stages Theater in Scottsdale on Super Bowl Sunday.  I have never seen this musical before, nor did I have any clue what it was about either. 

The musical was very entertaining, and the cast was excellent.  I've never been in the larger theater at Desert Stages before, so I had no idea I could actually trip the cast with my feet...they were that close to the people sitting in the front rows.

This was the first year we didn't have a Super Bowl Party to attend.  So I came home and watched about 20 minutes of the game with hubby, then the half time show, and that was enough for me.  Football season is now officially over, and there is only hockey and basketball for my hubby to watch.


I'm just getting around to blogging about my Artist Date which was on February 6th because I spent most of my week working on polishing up and improving the 10-minute play I wrote in my play writing class.  I sent it out to three different 10-Minute Play Festivals so far.  Maybe I will have beginner's luck and a Festival will pick my play to perform.  It can't hurt that my Planet Forecast for this week said, "Transiting Venus Trine Natal Pluto:  You're likely to develop a flair for fashion, and you definitely have the panache to pursue a theatrical career or try anything else that is related to the performing arts."  Hey, I'm open to all the help I can get - even when it comes to the sun, moon, stars and planets aligning in my favor. 


Ideas have come from
the strangest places.
JOYCE CAROL OATES