Sunday, December 11, 2011

Gifts of Music


I enjoyed two great Gifts of Music this week.  On Thursday I heard the Mayo Clinic Choir perform their annual Holiday selections at the Mayo Clinic.  The choir consists of dedicated employees who are very gifted with the ability to sing, and also there were gifted musicians as well.  The place was more crowded than usual...it seemed more of the employees at Mayo came to hear their friends sing. 

Then on Saturday, my friend and neighbor invited me to attend with her and her mother a peformance at ASU Gammage Theatre of  a White Christmas.  Her husband got called to work suddenly and couldn't go, so I was invited to take his place.  What a nice gift!  We had great seats, and the production was extraordinary.    Two wonderful, and truly gifts of music.