Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sylvan Street


Monday was a cold and rainy day, and my hubby and I had dermatologist appointments.  Not exactly a day you want to spring out of bed to start.  But the day became a lot brighter and cheerier when we headed over to The Musical Instrument Museum to hear Sylvan Street perform. They were fantastic and made the dreary day a whole lot better, and getting all our moles checked out not so bad. 

On a side note:  Andrew Hix, Sylvan Street's drummer and singer is a DePaul University School of Music graduate.  Hubby and I are also DePaul graduates, and I met my hubby in the faculty dining room on the 4th floor of DePaul's downtown campus on February 18, 1980.

I have not been to The MIM in awhile, and I will definitely get there more next year.  That's a promise...because I just LOVE this place.