Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Annie Get Your Gun @ Desert Stages Theatre


On Sunday afternoon I went with two friends who are in visiting from Chicago to the production of Annie Get Your Gun at Desert Stages Theatre.  I had just seen another Irving Berlin musical, White Christmas, and so I decided to go see another of his productions.  Okay, the plays are a little corny, but the songs are classics.  This production includes the memorable songs, There's No Business Like Show Business, Anything You Can Do, and You Can't Get a Man with a Gun.  The cast as usual was stellar, and it was an extremely enjoyable musical.

Later that evening I had to watch once again my favorite actor, Leonardo DiCaprio lose to George Clooney at the Golden Globe awards.  I still have hope for the SAG Awards and the Oscars.  Come on people...Wake-Up!