Saturday, February 11, 2012

Parada del Sol Parade


One thing I love about The Artist Way is that it gets you off your butt to do things you have not done before, and also it encourages you to bring out your "inner child."  Well I did both today!  I went and took my inner child to the Parada del Sol Parade.  I have lived in Scottsdale for 14 years, and have never been to the Parada del Sol Parade.  I went to the rodeo ten years ago, but never the parade.  Well that changed today.  I got down to Old Town Scottsdale early this morning and browsed around the Farmer's Market, then got a good place on the street to watch the parade.  I now call the parade a "dog and pony show" with lots of kids.  :-)  There were lots of horses, plus a lot of dogs...the Golden Retrievers were just so cute, espeically the ones wearing the hats.  Plus there were plenty of kids marching, playing in the bands, and twirling.  The kids were so cute too, but not as cute as the Goldens.  lol

After the parade I went to see Native Trails perform once again.  Then I headed over to the Trails End street party where there was food, live Country music with so many cowboys dancing, bull riding, pony rides and a kid zone.  I wore the most Western shirt I own, but the REAL cowboys were out and about today.  It was a GREAT people watching day. After that I walked over to the Made in Arizona Art Fest and browsed around there for a little bit. 

My inner child had a lot of fun today.  I can't even remember when was the last time I went to a parade.  Now I think my inner child needs some ice cream.  :-)