Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ballet Under the Stars


Okay, I am already breaking my own rule for my third year of Artist's Dates...I am posting about something I do yearly, and is not new to me...but I don't care.  I will now post on an Artist's Date if I have a new thought or perspective on it...even if it's something I do on a fairly regular basis.

Okay, so we went to Ballet Under the Stars in Fountain Hills on Thursday night.  We picked up some Italian subs at Quiznos and brought a bottle of Chianti from home, got to Fountain Park early and had a nice dinner while watching the ballet dancers warm up.  It was a very inexpensive, relaxing evening, and we enjoyed the gorgeous scenery of Fountain Hills along with a beautiful performance by Ballet Arizona.  Even if you are not a ballet fan, there is no way you could not of had a nice relaxing enjoyable evening. 

Okay, now for my new perspective on this Artist's Date.  I know of several people who were out of town this week...either out of the city, state, and even the country because they needed so desperately to go somewhere else to de-stress.  But these same people never, and I mean never do anything relaxing right in their own backyards...like going to Ballet Under the Stars.  I guess I don't understand why some people never take advantage of all the great things that are offered here in the Valley of the Sun, but feel the need to go somewhere else to do nice relaxing enjoyable things in order to de-stress.

Okay! Whatever!