Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Sound of Music @ Don Bluth Front Row Theatre


I saw The Sound of Music for the third time on Saturday at Don Bluth Front Row Theatre.  Since there were two casts, I wanted to see them both, and then I saw a third performance which combined performers from both casts.  I admit I'm a community theatre addict and can't get enough.  :-) All three performances I saw over this run were absolutely sensational, and all the cast members were extremely talented and terrific in their parts. 

My only disappointment is this is the last show that will be performed in Don Bluth's Scottsdale home.   He is turning his house back into a home, but hopefully he will be doing more productions at a new venue in Scottsdale very soon in the future.  Needless to say, it was such a unique experience seeing live theatre being performed in the intimate setting of his family room.  I am just happy that I found out about this theatre, and was able to see four shows there over the past year.

 
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night
  I hate to go and leave this pretty sight
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye