Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sleuth @ Fountain Hills Theatre


Sunday I attended the last performance of Sleuth at the Fountain Hills Theatre.  I never saw this play anywhere before, nor did I see the film version.  I always read about the plot and the characters before I go and see something, so I knew all the secrets before hand.  But that did not keep from enjoying this wonderful production.  Even though there is only one setting, and two actors in the play, this play is very engaging, and the time passes quickly.

My favorite gem in the desert, Fountain Hills Theatre, has been hard hit by a poor economy.  They lost over $50,000 in corporate sponsorships this year and are in desperate need for donations to keep open.  I really hope all who attend productions there and know how great they are will donate what they can to help them out.  To me the best medicine for anything that ails you is to be entertained by a live performance.

 
Cord Nash Skyvarek and Peter J. Hill