Sunday, April 22, 2012

How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying @ Desert Stages Theatre


I went to see the latest production at Desert Stages Theater, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.  This musical opened on Broaday in 1961, and won 7 Tony Awards.  There was a 1995 revival with Mathew Broderick and Megan Mullally.  Then in 2011 a 50th Anniversary Broadway revival starred Daniel Radcliffe and John Larroquette.  Now the Broadway productions stars Nick Jonas and Beau Bridges.  I'm sure all these Broadway productions were wonderful to see, but if you can't make it to New York to see this current Broadway hit, you will be ever so pleased and delighted with Desert Stages production.  This cast was PERFECT!  Very entertaining.




 I write this blog solely for me, and me alone.  Blogging to me is no different than writing in a diary or a journal. But it's easier to add pictures to a blog.  I like being able to go back and reread what I saw or did...honestly because I usually don't remember what I did just last year.  I only wish I had kept a journal or diary my whole life.  I have had a great life with some wonderful experiences, I just don't always remember them.  Case in point:  I told my husband that my weekend adventure was going to see How to Succeed in Business.  I said I can't wait to see this Broadway hit. He replied, "You already saw this musical with Donald O'Connor when we lived in Chicago."  NO WAY!  I saw this musical before.  WOW, and I don't remember ever seeing it.

Well I just had to pull out my big box of all the Stagebills and Playbills I have from everything I have ever seen, and sure enough there it was...a Stagebill from the Dury Lane Theatre in Oakbrook Terrace, IL.  We saw this musical in the Fall of 1985 when I was 23 years old and we were married only a few months.  How is it that I completely forget about seeing this musical with Donald O'Connor?  Anyway, this is why I love blogging, so I can go back and read about my life.  I have a good life, I just need to remember it. lol :-)