Monday, March 4, 2013

The Full Monty @ Fountain Hills Theater



On Sunday afternoon I went to see The Full Monty at the Fountain Hills Theater, and I brought hubby with me.  I first saw the film back in 1997 after it was nominated for Best Picture.  It was up against the film Titanic so it did not have a chance in hell to win.  I remember the gist of the film but like always got the DVD from the library to watch it again before seeing the musical version on stage.  I'm glad I saw the film again, because I had forgotten a lot of little key parts. I really enjoyed the movie much more now than I did when I first saw it in 1997, probably because I watched it with the subtitles on, so I could truly follow everything they were saying...their British accents were pretty heavy. The musical version is set in Buffalo New York, so no thick accents.  :-)

Anyway, the Fountain Hills production of The Full Monty in one word....FUN!  I can sincerely say this was the most fun I have had in a live theatre production.  The show was 3 hours long, but it did not feel that long at all because it was so damn fun and entertaining.  Plus, I felt way more emotionally invested in the characters in this production than I did just watching the movie all thanks to one hell of GREAT cast. There are not enough superlatives to describe this cast...every single person in the cast was fantastic.  This is one production I would go see again during its run...it's that good.  So next time I think I will leave hubby home and ask some girlfriends to join me.