Sunday, September 4, 2011

Beauty and the Beast


This afternoon I went to the Fountain Hills Community Youth Theatre production of Beauty and the Beast.  I admit that I knew very little what this story was about until today.  Since I don't have children I never went to see it at a theater when it came out in 1991, and I never bothered to rent it either.  I've only seen little bits and pieces of the film while baby sitting my niece who is going to be turning 21 years old this November.  She always liked me putting the tape in while I was with her, but she would never sit still for more than five minutes to watch it because she rather I play with her.  So I never sat through the entire movie.

The cast was superb, and I love the little intimate theatre where they perform.  At the end, I was actually getting very choked up and teary eyed.  Later, after I got home, my husband and I called our niece.  She's attending the University of Illinois and wants to be an environmental lawyer.  She definitely has a lot of that Belle spirit in her.