Saturday, September 10, 2011

Downtown Scottsdale Art & Culture Tour


I like to find things to do that I have never done before on my Artist Date.  So when I find something new to do, I am always a little more excited.  Today I went on the monthly Art & Cultural Tour in Downtown Scottsdale.  And even though I have lived here over 13 years, I still learned things that I did not know about the area.  We met at the Old Adobe Mission which was built in 1933, and we were treated to a talk on the history of the mission by a docent before we boarded a trolley for the tour.  The two hour guided tour covered interesting tidbits on the history, culture, architecture, arts, and some celebrity fun facts.  The tour was fun and entertaining as well as informative.  And it was also FREE.  You can't beat free!

When we finished the tour I only wished I could have gone to The Mission restaurant next door for lunch.  I have never eaten there, but always wanted to dine there.  Today I had some other pressing things to do in the afternoon that couldn't wait.  So next time I'm down there I will definitely get to that restaurant.  I just LOVE Scottsdale.  :-)