Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fountain Hills Chamber Players


When I saw Beauty and the Beast the other week, I sat next to a lovely woman who told me about the free concerts every Wednesday at the Mayo Clinic.  She volunteers at Mayo, and always attends these Atrium Concerts.  I have lived about two blocks from Mayo Clinic for over 13 years, and never knew they held free concerts.  So today I went over there and heard the Fountain Hills Chamber Players perform for an hour.  The setting there is wonderful for an indoor, temperature controlled concert  The concerts are held in the atrium on the concourse level.  The sun shines in brightly, there are gorgeous green plants everywhere, beautiful artwork on the walls, and comfy chairs to sit. I picked up while I was there the calendar for the remaining concerts this year.  They offer a nice variety of music, so I will definitely go back many more times. What a nice way to spend part of your afternoon.  I will definitely try to get the word out on this musical treat.