Saturday, September 3, 2011

New Moon, New Start with the Vein of Gold


I started Julia Cameron's course The Vein of Gold - A Journey to Your Creative Heart on August 28th which happens to be a new moon.  It is always beneficial to start any new project or adventure on a new moon, and I've read this particular new moon is one of the most poetic and inspired new moons of 2011.  So what a GREAT time to start, plus just like last year my hubby is busy with college and professional football.

The Vein of Gold is not a weekly course like her other ones.  You can take as much time as you need with each chapter. The only requirements for this pilgrimage is to write your Morning Pages daily, which I have pretty much been doing even over my break.  Weekly Artist Dates, which once again I have done a lot, but not each week, and daily walks.  Okay, have NOT been doing daily walks during our Arizona summer, nor will I do this until it cools off a bit.  But I will definitely get back into hiking in the mountains soon.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Complete Artist Way course, and I look forward to delving even more into this creative pilgrimage.  Let the creative fun begin.

To create is always to learn,
to begin over, to begin at zero.
MATTHEW FOX