Monday, October 31, 2011

Cupcake Love-In


On Sunday I headed over to the Hotel Valley Ho for the second annual Cupcake Love-In.  This non-profit event helped support the Central Arizona Shelter Services (CASS) which has been empowering homeless individuals and families to become self-sufficient and effectively end their homelessness.  So I ate delicious gourmet cupcakes to help homeless people.  You get a choice of seven cupcakes for your donation, but one of the bakers were giving them away without a ticket, so I ate 8 cupcakes.  Honestly, I could have eaten a few more, but I could feel my blood sugar rising. 

Out of the 8 cupcakes I tried, my favorite cupcake was from Cupcakes By Design.  They had a cupcake called a  Lemon Tree which was a lemon cake with lemon filling and lemon icing and they had a edible butterfly on top.  Pure Heaven!

I had to leave before they announced the raffle winners, so I just gave my raffle tickets to a man standing there with his little daughter.  I hope he won something.  I had to leave because I had to go to my monthly Meet-Up group meeting which was also our Halloween Party.


We had a guest speaker Cynthia Crawford at our Meet-Up group Halloween meeting.  She sculpts all different kinds of ETs, and has just as many different and interesting stories to tell about each one she sculpts.  My mother's favorite film of all time is Steven Spielberg's E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial.  After seeing that film, she bought herself a leather ET doll and kept it on her bedroom dresser.  I am definitely my mother's child...it's in my DNA!