Thursday, October 6, 2011

Scottsdale International Film Festival


The Scottsdale International Film Festival started on Friday, September 30th and ran through Tuesday, October 4th.  I had a busy weekend going to the Fountain Hills Oktoberfest Friday night, then spent Saturday downtown at the Herberger's Festival of the Arts, then a concert on Sunday at the el Pedregal Wine and Jazz Fest, so I never made it to the film festival until Monday and Tuesday.  But I am glad I did.  On Monday I saw a film from Sweden called Among Us.  This is my type of film...mystical and mysterious, and with a happy ending.


On Tuesday I went to see a film from France called The Women on the 6th Floor.  It turns out this film won the audience award for Best Film at the festival.  I enjoyed this one very much too.  It was very funny and entertaining even though it didn't have the happy "Mary Poppins" ending to it that I was expecting.


There were a few more films that looked interesting that I would have loved to see, but I didn't want to cram too much into each day.  Sometimes less is more.  I look forward to next years festival.