Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Desert Botanical Gardens



I like to go the Desert Botanical Gardens whenever I get a chance.  Not only do I like just walking through the beautiful gardens, but I also enjoy all their special exhibits.









Each Fall the garden has a Mariposa Monarch Butterfly Pavillion.  I could just sit down in there all afternoon to watch these majestic creatures.  I also like talking to the people working inside the pavillion.  They are always so pleasant to talk to and very informative.
 




The new Fall exhibit at the garden is sculptor David Rogers' Big Bugs.  He  has carefully created these creatures from fallen or found wood, cut saplings, twigs, raw branches, twine, bark and other natural materials.  There are 11 HUGE sculptures to view ranging from seven feet to 25 feet long, and weigh from 300 to 1,200 pounds.

















The last exhibit I saw was photographs of Monet's Giverny by Richard Nilsen.  His exhibit features images from Impressionist painter Claude Monet's famous garden in Giverny, 40 miles outside Paris, along with images taken at a dozen other gardens, private and public, from around the U.S. and Europe.



Another perfect day in paradise!  :-)