Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Mariachi Pasion


What a truly delightful, delightful day I had listening to the beautiful songs and music of Mariachi Pasion.  I could have stayed a lot longer to listen to them play and sing.  Today's performance included three woman, and one gentleman.  They all sang, and what great voices they had.  The woman who I sat next to was getting all choked up and teary-eyed listening to them.  She knows how to speak Spanish and was telling me what the songs were about.

I love that the Mayo Clinic's Atrium Music Series has such a great assortment of music...last week was country/bluegrass and this week beautiful Mariachi music.  After the concert I headed to Costco and other stores to do my weekly grocery shopping.  I didn't know what I was going to make for dinner tonight, but now I was inspired to make chicken enchiladas, Mexican rice, and a pitcher of margaritas.  Yum!

Mariachi Pasion play on Friday and Saturday evenings at the Spotted Donkey Cantina on Hayden Rd.  I will definitely have to go there for dinner and listen to them again.