Saturday, October 30, 2010

Artist Date, Week Eight ~ Lancôme Makeover


Today I was invited to The Scottsdale Bead store for their annual Lancôme makeover party.  They had four make-up artists doing makeovers all day long.  You had a choice of an everyday look makeover, or a more dramatic night time makeover, or a Halloween makeover.  Since it was the day before Halloween and so many people had parties to attend to, they offered Halloween makeovers where they could paint anything on your face, like scary spiders and spider webs, or a wicked witch face.  I just went with an everyday look makeover because I was not going anywhere Saturday night, and I was having my mother-in-law over for her belated birthday dinner. 

I thought it was a great idea to have a make-over for one of my Artist Dates since I am doing this course in order to reinvent myself.  Every several years or so, I just need to reinvent myself, or a better description is to check in with my authentic self and see what needs a change.  Every time I check in with my authentic self I make changes, like a new career, or a new place/state to live.  I am at a point where I need to ask once again my authentic self, or what I call my Higher Self, where should I go from here. I am in a state where I am open to more good than I can even imagine.  When I am in this sacred open place, my Higher Self tends to go nuts and works overtime leading me to where I should be.  She (I call her a she) finds me a new career, or she gets me to move across country to my new state of Arizona.  She knows what I need better than I do, so I just allow her to guide me.  She always has my back, and I trust her implicitly even when my ego mind says she is nuts and it will never work out.  Maybe one of these days I will write about how my Higher Self got me through one of the most difficult events in my life with complete ease and absolute grace.  When you remember you have a Higher Self there to help you out, and you actually listen to your Higher Self from your heart center and not your mind, life becomes easy, joyful, but most of all magical. 



I went once again to the Old Town Scottsdale Farmer's Market.  I bought some pumpkin bread and cranberry orange bread.  I like this farmer's market because they let you sample all their products.  I sampled quite a few that I know I will definitely buy in the future like the peach and apple coppler.  Yum!


Taking a new step, uttering a new
word is what people fear most.
FYODOR DOSTOYEVSKI