Saturday, October 23, 2010

Artist Date, Week Seven ~ Cosanti



I was planning on going to Cosanti last Wednesday, but due to the overcast, cold rainy weather I instead went to the movies.  Today was a lovely day to finally vist the Cosanti studio where they make the famous Paolo Soleri windbells.  I visted Arconsati about 10 years ago, but I hate to admit it, but I have never been to Cosanti, even though it is in my own town.  Sad! Well, The Artist Way course got my butt out once again and to the studio where they make these beautiful windbells.






I have seen the Soleri windbells all over town, but the studio where they make them really is a place you need to visit.  Most of the complex is out in the open with only a roof overhead.  It is not a large place, but still bigger than I thought it would be. 






They had their Fall Sale going on this weekend.
You could spend as little as $50.00 for a windbell,
or I saw some museum type windbells going for $29,000. 

I entered the drawing for a windbell; they will notify you by mail if you won.  Personally, I don't have any great trees to hang these gorgeous windbells on.  I find them so stunning, that I would prefer to have one in my house where I could look at it more often.




Paolo Soleri was one of the featured experts in Leonardo DiCaprio's 2007 documentary film The 11th Hour.  I was planning back then in 2007 after seeing this film to finally visit Cosanti, but it took me three more years to get there.  Why do we ignore great attractions right in our own backyard?  Well no more!  I have a list of attractions near me for future Artist Date adventures.



Shoot for the moon. 
Even if you miss it you
will land among the stars.
LES BROWN