Sunday, October 17, 2010

Artist Date, Week Six ~ Designing Jewelry

Friday night I went to an Open Bead Night at Bead World in Scottsdale.  They allow you to bring in your projects and beads so you can create right in their store.  They have tables set up for you to work on, and they provide you with any tools you need.  They also had appetizers and desserts to eat.  It is really a nice little beading party they throw.  So I brought in my clear quartz crystal beads I previously purchased in order to find gold beads and spacers for six bracelets I am making for family and friends for the holidays.

On Saturday I sat down for over three hours and designed six different bracelets.  The six bracelets I made all have the same color scheme, clear with gold accents, but are totally different.  I have not yet bought clasps for them.  I wanted to see how they turned out first, then I will decide what clasps will look best on each bracelet. I really enjoyed sitting down and designing these six bracelets. I love the design part, not so much the putting it together part.




I also bought some metalic gold trim jewelry boxes at Michael's with each persons initial on the box, and I decorated a little gold gift bag with beads and an angel ornament. I enjoy finding the perfect gift box or gift bag to go along with whatever gift I am giving. I am into the presentation as much as the gift. :-)



I'd rather have roses on my table
than diamonds on my neck.
EMMA GOLDMAN