Saturday, October 23, 2010

Artist Date, Week Seven ~ Old Town Scottsdale Farmer's Market



Today started the new season for the Old Town Scottsdale's Farmer's Market.  But guess what?  I have never been to it before.  I have gone to other farmer's markets closer to my home, but never this one.  One very positive thing I can say about this one is that it is dedicated to selling food.  They don't have a lot of non-food items like some other farmer's market I have attended. They even have local people selling grass fed beef.  If you have seen the documentary Food Ink, then you will know grass fed beef is a better way to go.  I didn't buy anything today, even though I wanted to, only because I had two other Artist Dates to attend to after this one and I didn't want any food sitting in my car all afternoon.  I am going back to this farmer's market next week because now I have a list of food items I intend to buy.

After walking around the farmer's market today I also strolled around the shops in Old Town Scottsdale.  I go to Old Town a lot.  I was even just there shopping on Monday with my husband's aunt and cousin who were visiting from Chicago.  I usually go there with out-of-town visitors, but today I was there all by myself.  I actually went to stores that I wanted to go to, and not just the touristy one that our visitors want to see.  Spending some time all by myself in a place I frequently go to with others was a very enriching experience for me.  I saw things that I usually miss when I am with other people. 

After my little shopping excursion I walked through the Scottsdale Civic Center Mall on my way to my next Artist Date at the Civic Center Library.  The Mall is so beautiful with all the flowers, trees, fountains and art sculptures like LOVE.   It was lovely being there when there were no crowds; you could really take in the beauty, tranquility and peacefulness of this place.



There is no must in art
because art is free.
WASSILY KANDINSKY