Sunday, October 3, 2010

Artist Date, Week Four ~ The el Pedregal Wine and Jazz Concert



I don't know what the official temperature was today, but it was cool enough for me to spend an entire afternoon outside listening to music.  I so far have had all of my Artist Dates inside, and I need to get outside in the fresh air and sunshine.  So I ventured up to the el Pedregal Marketplace for their Wine and Jazz Concert featuring the long time valley favorite band Affinity.  My husband and I have gone to dozens of concerts at the el Pedregal over the years, but this is the first time I actually heard the band Affinity.  They became a local hit ever since they started playing in the 80's and 90's at the Biltmore Hotel.

Hubby stayed home to watch the Arizona Cardinals lose another football game and I had a fabulous afternoon.  I got there around 12:30 and stayed until the last song at 4:00.  I sat next to a nice couple who live in Surprise and are from New York.  We had a nice discussion about being from big hectic cities as compared to now living in Arizona; I'm originally from Chicago.

As I write this blog my husband is watching the New York Giants beat his beloved Chicago Bears.  My husband is having a bad day.  Poor baby!  I am definitely what you call a Sport's Widow, but at least I am one happy and peaceful one. :-)




All the arts we practice are apprenticeship. 
The big art is our life.
M.C. RICHARDS