Saturday, October 9, 2010

Artist Date, Week Five ~ Briar Patch Marketplace

Every autumn when the weather starts to cool off here in the Valley of the Sun you can pretty much go every weekend to some kind of art fair.  The big art fairs I usually go to every year are the Carefree, Scottsdale, Fountain Hills and Tempe art fests.  If you need to buy a $5,000 lawn ornament, then the big art fests are the places to go.  But I usually go at least once a year to the Briar Patch Marketplace which is one of the largest arts and craft festivals around.  Here you actually see people buying things rather than just gawking at all the works of art you admire, but will probably never buy.

I was not sure if I should even count this as an Artist Date because I would have gone anyway, and I always go to this by myself.  If I go to any type of art fest or craft fair to actually shop, then I always go alone.  I only like going with my hubby or friends to artfests when I am going to just get out of the house and walk around to look at works of art.  I'll count it as an Artist Date even though I have three more preplanned dates with myself this week.  I am my favorite person to go on a date with...hubby is going to start getting jealous.

Genuine beginnings begin within us,
even when they are brought to our
attention by external opportunities.
WILLIAM BRIDGES