Saturday, November 6, 2010

Artist Date, Week Eight ~ Carefree Fine Art and Wine Festival


Yesterday I spent a few glorious hours up in Carefree at one of my favorite Art Festivals.  I go to a lot of festivals, but this one is always my favorite because I go to really just appreciate and admire all the works of art.  If you need a $5,000 lawn decoration, then this is the artfest for you.  You will have many to chose.  I have lived here now for twelve years, and my house is completely furnished and accessorized, and I do not need another thing. So now I just love to go to art fests to gawk at expensive art that I know I will never buy, but none the less can greatly appreciate.

Another reason I like this artfest is because they also have great musical entertainment, and I always plan on staying there longer to catch a few sets of music.    I have seen Esteban up there many times, and he is a bargain to see for a mere entrance price of $3.00.  This year was a new musical treat I have never heard before, the featured musical Sonoran Jazz group dulce VAS, consisting of a harpist and an flutist.   I would have loved to stay longer and heard a third set of their music, but I had a date to go see the film Secretariat.




The world of reality has its limits;
the world of imagination is boundless.
JEAN-JACQUES ROUSSEAU