Sunday, November 28, 2010

Artist Date, Week Twelve ~ On Golden Pond at Desert Stages Theater

Today I went to the Desert Stages Theater in Scottsdale to see the play On Golden Pond.  My husband and I have seen other productions in this theater before, but I have not been there in quite of long time.  I sat next to a woman who was also from the northwest side of Chicago. We reminisced about going to many theatrical productions in downtown Chicago.  She told me how she would take her two daughters downtown to see plays and musicals.   My mother usually had subscription tickets to see  Broadway shows at one of Chicago's main theaters.  I guess I really took going to see a theater production for granted growing up in Chicago.

I feel so fortunate that there are so many community theaters in close proximity to my house.   The Desert Stages Theater where I saw On Golden Pond holds about 60 or so people.  There is not a bad seat in the theater, and it provides you with a very up-close and personal feel with the actors on stage.  All the actors in this stage production were absolutely outstanding and could have been in the film version of this stage play...they were that good.  All the actors were standing outside of the theater and we got to greet and meet each on of them as we exited the theater.  I will definitely be going back to more productions at this theater.

Oh, and I came home to find the Chicago Bears beat the Eagles.  Hubby was happy and so was I.   Another great Sunday for each of us.  :-)


Bill Kane as Norman Thayer 
Corene Heaps as Ethel Thayer
Courtesy of Wade Moran
The most beautiful thing we can
experience is the mysterious.
ALBERT EINSTEIN