Saturday, November 13, 2010

Artist Date, Week Ten ~ Festival of Greece


After my seminar on eReaders at the library I went and spent a few hours at the Festival of Greece which was located just outside the library.  I had a delicious authenic Greek lunch with Greek beer and had some Loukoumade for dessert.  These are honey sweet fritters, fried, dipped in butter, and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.  YUM!  Being a sugar addict, I could of just had these for lunch.  There was an authenic Greek band and dancers.  Plus they had toddlers, grade school and high school kids dancing.  Watching the little kids who were five and six years old, was the most entertaining.  I brought some fried calamari home with me to share with my hubby for an appetizer.  Last weeks Hispanic and Latin Fest was all about the music.  This week's Greek fest was all about the food, food, food!



He who knows others is wise;
he who knows himself is enlightened.
LAO-TZU