Saturday, November 13, 2010

Artist Date, Week Ten ~ Pandora Showcase


Arizona Women's Theater Company

presents

PANDORA
SHOWCASE

Jewels from the Pandora
Festival of Plays

Scottsdale Center for the
Performing Arts


Today was one of the MOST PERFECT Artist Date's I have done so far.  The yearly Pandora Festival in May is put on by the Arizona Women's Theatre Company which produces contemporary, provocative, thought provoking plays written by Arizona women.  The Pandora Showcase which I saw today, features a collection of seven different one-act or 10 minute plays from the last four Pandora Festivals.  Next weekend they will have another seven different plays in a second showcase.  The seven plays I saw today were funny, heart-warming, and also very thought provoking.  The sets were minimal, but the actors were all stellar.

I read about this Pandora Showcase in the newspaper, and once again, it would have not been something I would have attended, or even thought of attending if it were not for doing The Artist's Way course.  It was truly the most inspiring Artist Date I have been on during this course.  I am definitely planning on going to the 5th Annual Pandora Festival next May.



In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.
ALBERT EINSTEIN