Saturday, November 20, 2010

Artist Date, Week Eleven ~ Art Fest of Scottsdale and Pandora Showcase



Today I headed out once again for Old Town Scottsdale for a full day of activities.  I first made a quick stop at the Old Town Farmer's Market.  Unfortunatley the people selling the apple cobbler I wanted to buy were not there today.  I'll be back, just hope they are back too.


Next, I spent a few leisurely hours viewing all the artists at the ArtFest of Scottsdale. There are not as many artist at the Fall fair then there are at the Spring one. The crowds are not as big either. The Civic Center Mall in Scottsdale is a beautiful spot for any affair. I just love walking there with all the beautiful flowers, plants, trees, art sculptures and water fountains.




 
 
After spending time at the ArtFest I went to see the second Pandora Showcase which I enjoyed as much as the first one I saw last Saturday afternoon.  Today I sat next to one of the actresses from last week's showcase.  She said she was not a professional actress, but she should be.  I thought she was one of the best actresses from last week.  I am the most inspired when I meet people who do what they love to do for just the sake of channeling their creativity. They are just happy doing their art, whatever that may be, even if they are not getting paid for their talent.  These people always seem to be the brightest lights in any room. 

No amount of skillful invention can
replace the essential element of imagination.
EDWARD HOPPER