Sunday, November 14, 2010

Artist Date, Week Ten ~ Jane Seymour Discussion and Book Signing


I had no preplanned Artist Date set for today.  It was going to be a lazy Sunday for me, where I slept late, didn't shower, started reading a few books I picked up at the library this week, and maybe throw in a few loads of laundry.  Well my day was a whole lot better.  Last night while waiting for my dinner to finish cooking, I glanced over the newspaper and read Jane Seymour was going to be at the Barnes and Noble on 90th and Shea for a discussion and book signing.  I was not even aware she has written any books, but her new one is called Among Angels.

I am not very familiar with her acting roles.  I believe the only roles I have seen her in were in the films, Somewhere in Time, and Wedding Crashers.  I don't believe I have ever seen an episode of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.  So at first I really didn't have any interest in going to see her on Sunday.  I do though like to collect angel stuff, in particular...angel books.  So the thought of going was a little intriguing.  But I told myself that I will let the universe guide me on what I should do tomorrow.  Just go with the flow and see what happens.  Well the flow started when the universe got me up at 7:30 am when I heard my husband drop and break something from the kitchen.  It turned out to be the glass coffee carafe from our coffee maker.  The coffee maker was really old and it did need replacing, and now that the carafe was shattered, I had no choice but to go out today and buy a new coffee maker.  Since I had to get dressed and go out anyway, I then decided I would stop by Barnes and Noble and catch Jane Seymour's discussion. 

Well I am so very happy that my husband broke the coffee carafe today, because her discussion was so entertaining.  She is absolutely delightful and has many great stories to tell.  I could have listened to her a lot longer.  She talked for a little over 30 minutes and she took as many questions from the audience as time would allow.  She talked about her earlier marital troubles, her near death experience, her friendships with Christopher Reeves and Johnny Cash, plus a whole lot of inspiring stories from her life.  I am sure if you are a huge fan of hers, like so many in the audience were, then you would know all this, but this was all new to me.  I bought two of her books, Among Angels, one for me, and one for my mother-in-law.  Jane personally signed everyone's books, and was very gracious and took pictures with anyone who asked.

She told us she was in town for a charity event on Saturday night which she is very involved in called Camp Soaring Eagle, where children with life threatening illnesses discover the healing power of laughter.  Another great charity.

I was on such a high after leaving the book store that I decided to go back to the Fountain Hills Festival of Arts to hear Esteban play again.  I stayed there for about two hours until he played his last song. I let the universe guide me today, and my day turned out perfect.  The laundry is still sitting there...who cares.  I can do a few loads tomorrow.  And if something better comes up tomorrow, then the laundry can wait once again.  I just love going with the flow. 


Only when he no longer knows what he
is doing does the painter do good things.
EDGAR DEGAS