Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Artist Date, Week Eleven ~ Wednesday Morning Interlude at MIM



Today was the last Wednesday Morning Interlude at the Musical Instrument Museum for the year.  I have gone to the last two Wednesday Morning Interludes and enjoyed them very much.  They start at 10:30am and it is a great way to start off your day...listening to beautiful music. 

I always meet the most interesting people at these concerts.  Today I met a couple in line who moved here from Russia.  Their daughter teaches music here in Phoenix, and they followed her to Arizona.  They informed me about all the free musical concerts, international films, and theater productions at Paradise Community College.  I came home and looked up the their website, and now I have another venue here in Arizona to explore.

I sat next to a woman who is a snow bird from Nebraska.  We talked turkeys and Thanksgiving dinner.  More on that subject tomorrow.



Walter Cosand

Todays concert featured ASU professor and Steinway Artist Walter Cosand who presented a peformance of works for the solo piano.  I was not as familar with some of the pieces he played, but it did not impair my enjoyment and appreciation for his great talent. The pieces he played definitely kept you awake and totally inspired. 

I took two years of piano lessons as a kid and hated every minute of it.  I now have a baby grand piano in my living room with a Piano Disc system attached to it so I can hear beautiful piano music anytime I wish.  A few years ago I tried to teach myself the piano again.  It was fun and it helped open up my right side of the brain a bit more.  I know I drove my husband crazy because the two songs I played over and over were the theme songs from Titanic and the Lion King. :-)







You are lost the instant you
know what the result will be.
JUAN GRIS